About the programme
PhD programme at JKLU offers intensive education in Engineering and Management to help students realise their academic goals and pursue professions of their choice. Research in interdisciplinary areas in academics and exploration of innovative industrial practices during the programme offer an environment of scholarship and collaborative learning to students. Developing new perspectives of analysis and interpretation through critical examination and sound judgement open new realms of innovation and research for them.
JK Lakshmipat University, Jaipur, offers research programme leading to the award of the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in following various academic disciplines and interdisciplinary fields of research.
- Engineering:CHE/CE/CSE/ECE/EE/ME/Engineering Education
- Science: Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics
- Management: Communication/IT/Finance/HR/Marketing/Economics
- Humanities: English
Why PhD at JKLU?
- Research in interdisciplinary areas in academics as well as industrial practices
- Discovery of new facts by providing a new perspective of interpretation
- Demonstration of research scholar’s capacity for critical examination and sound judgement
- Innovation and development of equipment/ products/ processes
- Opening up new avenues of research work in diverse domains
- Implementation of policies for improving the research infrastructure
All candidates admitted for the PhD programme are required to undergo a 9 credit (M.Phil/M.Tech), 16 credit (M.Sc, M.A, MBA), 32 credit (B.Tech) course work during the first semester of the programme. The courses offered for the PhD programme will be a combination of Lecture Courses, Laboratory Courses, Design Courses, Self-Study Courses, Minor Project work as the case may be, for the candidates registered under each discipline. The course work will be in two parts.
After the completion of the course work in the first semester, each candidate will be required to take a Pre-PhD examination. It will consist of one written test or lab work of the duration of 2 hours based on the courses taken in Part I of the course work. For Part II, the candidate is required to produce a paper based on the literature review or a concept paper on his/her area of research to claim the necessary credits.
After a candidate has passed the Pre-PhD written test, he/she is required to submit the research proposal along with a presentation within a span of two months. It is mandatory that every research scholar will have to submit a half-yearly progress report at the end of every semester, till the submission of the final thesis, to the respective Professor In-charge Research. It will be required to be duly reviewed, evaluated and recommended by his/her supervisor(s) and forwarded by the Directors of the respective Institutes.
Pre-PhD Course work-
All candidates admitted for the PhD programme are required to undergo a 9 credit (M.Phil./M.Tech.), 16 credit (M.Sc., MA, MBA), 32 credit (B.Tech.) course work within 6-12 months of the programme. The courses offered for the PhD programme will be a combination of Lecture Courses, Laboratory Courses, Design Courses, Self- Study Courses, Minor Project work as the case may be, for the candidates registered under each discipline. The course work will be in two parts.
Research Proposal/ Half Yearly Progress Review Presentation-
After a candidate has passed the Pre-PhD course work, he/she is required to submit the research proposal along with a presentation within a span of 3 months. It is mandatory that every research scholar will have to submit a half-yearly progress report at the end of every semester, till the submission of the final thesis, to the respective Professor In-charge, doctoral studies and research. It will be required to be duly reviewed, evaluated and recommended by his/her supervisor(s), research progress committee (RPC) members and forwarded by the Directors of the respective Institutes.
The minimum duration for the PhD programme will be two years (four semesters) from the date of approval of the research proposal/ confirmation of the registration for the programme to the date of the submission of the thesis. However, a research student may be given relaxation of up to 6-12 months in the above periods allowing pre-submission of the thesis, provided he/she produces sufficient evidence of having done prior research work resulting in the publication of research papers in refereed journals in his/her area of research.
Maximum Duration for the Phd programme will be 5 years (10 semesters) from the date of approval of the research proposal/ confirmation of the registration for the programme to the date of the submission of the thesis.
Selection of a student at JKLU will be finalised after a series of evaluative steps.
- Application form: Online submission/Download from website www.jklu.edu.in. Form submission with supporting documents till July 04, 2022.
- Application Fee: Submission of the application form with required details. To obtain the application form and prospectus, applicants should send a request along with a demand draft of ₹1000 favouring JK Lakshmipat University payable at Jaipur. Alternatively, the application form can also be downloaded from our website www.jklu.edu.in and submitted after completion along with a demand draft of ₹1000.
- Applicants who have passed the NET/SLET/GATE (Valid score card as on date) or any other equivalent national test are exempted from the entrance test
- Personal interview with the JKLU team.
- Completion of the prescribed coursework within 6-12 months to formally register for PhD programme.
2nd round of JKLU PhD Entrance test and Interviews, for Fall/Odd Semester of AY 2022-2023, is scheduled on Saturday, July 30, 2022 (Reporting time 9:15 AM) at JKLU Campus in Physical Mode. Apply Now
- Master’s degree: Minimum 55% marks or 5.5/10 CGPA in aggregate at the master’s degree or equivalent in relevant subject.
- Those candidates who do not have the required minimum percentage (55 % marks) in their masters degree, should have completed an AIU recognised/ AICTE approved post-graduate diploma in the subject/ area/ discipline in which he/ she seeks to do a PhD and has secured at least 55 % marks in such diploma.
- Direct admission after B. Tech. / B. E.: Minimum aggregate 75% Marks or 7.5/10 CGPA in B.Tech/BE degree. Minimum aggregate 60% Marks or 6/10 CGPA in B. Tech B.E for candidates having directly relevant engineering industry experience of more than 10 years.
- Relaxation for SC/ST candidates: Minimum score in qualifying examination will be relaxed by 5%marks/0.5 CGPA.
- Every admitted candidate will be required to complete the prescribed coursework within 6 – 12 months with minimum CGPA – 6 to formally register for PhD programme.
|Academic Year||Annual Fee in INR|
|Other Academic Fees||NA|
To be paid in two equal instalments on a half-yearly basis.
- Eligible candidates will get ₹25,000. Scholarship/Stipend with no tuition fees for pursuing full-time PhD Programme.
- One time Caution Money (Refundable) of ₹10,000 would be payable along with first year’s fee.
- *Academic Fee and Technology Fee will increase maximum by 10% in each consecutive year.
Fees for accommodation, food and other facilities – 2022-23 (in rupees)
Type of Accommodation
(to be adjusted as per actual) (B)
Transport fee of ₹40,000/- per annum to be paid if the student wishes to avail the JKLU transport facility from Jaipur city to JKLU campus on specified routes.
- Hostel charges are on annual basis.
- Hostel charges are for one academic year and the students are not allowed to leave the hostel during the semester.
- Hostel fee, as above, is applicable to all boarding students.
- Hostel rooms are on twin sharing basis. Hostel Charges are subject to yearly revision.
- Hostel security deposit of ₹5,000 would be payable along with first year’s fees. It is refundable at the time of leaving the Hostel.
Note: Hostel security deposit of ₹5,000 payable along with first year’s fees.
Refund policy: Fee deposited for the registration is refundable till the beginning of the academic session. 10% processing fees will be deducted while processing the refund. Once the academic session begins, refund will be processed as per the UGC guidelines.