About the programme
BCA at JKLU is designed to offer application based learning in computer application through a cross-disciplinary and multi-perspective curriculum that focusses on building skills and a knowledge base for computer application development and IT administration. A number of core courses in contemporary and emerging technologies are well integrated in the course programme to help facilitate learning. Red Hat, Cisco, ORACLE, and IBM certifications are also available to students.
Why BCA at JKLU?
BCA at JKLU is exclusive as it allows students to learn concepts and theories in real-life work situations with project driven internships. The unique cross-disciplinary study curriculum creates promising careers in areas like data analytics, cloud computing, cyber security, and robotic process automation. The students also get to benefit from the mentorship of top industry leaders and stalwarts. Curated workshops and internships provide the students real-life work scenarios and exposure alongside classroom teaching. Selected students get an opportunity to pursue one semester at a partner university in India or abroad.
- Problem Solving with Python
- Database Management and Applications
- Computer Organisation and Systems
- Fundamentals of Communication
- Java Programming
- Web Application Development
- Computational Mathematics
- Operating Systems and Linux Administration
- Principles of Management
- Critical Thinking and Storytelling
- C++ Programming and Data Structures
- Android Application Development
- Statistical Computing
- Computer Networks and Network Administration
- Economics and Accounting
- Algorithm Design and Analysis
- Robotic Process Automation Lab
- Applied IoT /Multimedia Lab
- Virtualisation and Cloud computing
- Communication and Identity
- Elective I
- Applied Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Software Quality and Testing
- Open Source Software Deployment/ 3D Design and Animation Lab
- Information Security
- Understanding and Managing Conflicts
- Elective II
- BCA Practice School-II
- Semester at a partner University abroad or in India
- Critical Thinking for Decisions at Workplace
- Elective III
- Elective IV
Selection of a student at JKLU will be finalised after a series of evaluative steps.
- Submission of the application form with required details. Non-refundable application fee of ₹1000 to be paid.
- Personal Interaction Round with Faculty, provided the student meets the eligibility criteria.
- Merit-based assessment of candidates, focusing on attitude and aptitude, to help them benefit from the unique learning experience at JKLU.
- Minimum 60% aggregate marks in both Class X & XII (For class X compulsory subjects are English, Maths, Social Studies, Science and fifth subject of applicant’s choice. For Class XII compulsory subjects are English, Maths/Physics/ Economics/ Accountancy/ Computer Science/Informatics Practices and two subjects of applicant’s choice) or equivalent grades from a recognised Central/State Board/University Examination in India or in any foreign country recognised as equivalent to 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Students appearing in the final examination of 10+2 may also apply. However, the admission will be provisional subject to achieving the minimum marks.
- Foreign Nationals/ Persons of Indian Origin/Non-Resident Indian candidates can be considered for admission on the basis of their marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination only.
- It may however be noted that possessing minimum qualification does not guarantee admission. University carries out a holistic evaluation of all achievements and takes a decision accordingly. The median 12th class marks among students admitted to BCA last year was around 72%.
|One Time Fee|
|Early Admissions||Application Fee||₹1000|
|Admission Fee (Waive Off) Non-Refundable||0|
|Registration Fee (Adjustable in Academic Fee)||₹25,000|
|Regular Admissions||Application Fee||₹1000|
|Admission Fee, Non-Refundable||₹5,000|
|Registration Fee (Adjustable in Academic Fee)||₹50,000|
|Academic Fees* (in Rupees)||₹97,000|
*Financial Assistance available.
- One time Caution Money (Refundable) of ₹10,000 would be payable along with first year’s fee.
- Academic Fee will increase maximum by 10 % in each consecutive year.
Fees for accommodation, food and other facilities – 2022-23 (in rupees)
Type of Accommodation
Mess Advance (to be adjusted as per actual) (B)
Transport fee of ₹40,000/- per annum to be paid if the student wishes to avail the JKLU transport facility from Jaipur city to JKLU campus on specified routes.
- The above-mentioned fee as applicable to citizens of India and SAARC Countries.
- Hostel charges are on annual basis.
- Hostel charges for one academic year and the students are not allowed to leave the hostel during the semester.
- Hostel fee, as above, is applicable to all boarding students.
- Hostel rooms are on twin sharing basis. Hostel Charges are subject to yearly revision.
- Hostel security deposit of ₹5,000 would be payable along with first year’s fees. It is refundable at the time of leaving the Hostel.
Refund policy: Fee deposited for the registration is refundable till the beginning of the academic session. 10% processing fees will be deducted while processing the refund. Once the academic session begins, refund will be processed as per the UGC guidelines.
Students pursuing undergraduate studies and seeking a transfer to JKLU from their current institution can apply now for Lateral Admission for the academic session 2022-2023.