Dr. Vipin Kumar Jain received his Master's Degree from Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University, Agra. Further, he obtained his M. Phil and Doctoral Degrees in Physics from the University of Rajasthan, Jaipur. He has over 16 years of teaching, research, and administrative experience. Previously, he had been associated with S. S. Jain Subodh (P.G.) College, Jaipur, Baldev Ram Mirdha Institute of Technology (BMIT), Jaipur and Arya College of Engineering & IT, Jaipur.
He has held various administrative positions as Head, Department of Physics, Coordinator, B. Tech. I-year, Programme Coordinator of B. Tech & M. Tech and Controller of Examination at different academic institutes he has been associated with. Presently he is Chairman, Discipline Committee, Head-Department of Physics, Member of Board of Studies (BoS)-IET, Research & Progress Committee (RPC) at JK Lakshmipat University. He is also actively involved in social and cultural club activities at the University campus.
He has been invited by AVS at California, USA, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology at Bangkok, Thailand, International Association of Engineers (IAENG) at Hong Kong, Nano Today-an International Journal at Dubai (UAE) for presenting his research work. He has also participated and presented in various national and international conferences, seminars and workshops in India.
He is life member of Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT), Material Research Society-India (MRS-I), The Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA), Asia-Pacific Chemical, Biological& Environmental Engineering Society (APCBEES), Hong Kong, Science and Engineering Institute (SCIEI), USA, International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology (IACSIT), Singapore, International Association of Engineers (IAENG), Hong Kong, Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), New Delhi, and Member, Scientific Technical Committee and Editorial Board on Engineering and Technology, International Scientific Academy of Engineering & Technology.
He is reviewer at various International research publication agencies like Material Letters (Elsevier), International Journal of Material Science and Engineering-B (Elsevier), International Journal of Chemical Engineering and Material Science, Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology-A (American Institute of Physics), Indian Journal of Pure & Applied Physics (IJPAP), A Springer Journal “Rare Metals” A Springer Journal “Research on Chemical Intermediates”.
Dr. Jain's current areas of interest include Physics, Material Science, Transparent Conducting Films, TCO thin films, Optoelectronic properties of thin films, Nanomaterials, Carbon Nanostructure based polymer composites, Super capacitors.
Faculty Engagement in Higher Education: Challenges and Opportunities (An Empirical Study with Special Reference to Rajasthan)", a research project assigned to JKLU by the Working Group on Education, State Planning Board, Rajasthan. The principal investigator of the project team was Dr. Upinder Dhar, Vice Chancellor, JKLU and team members were Dr. Santosh Dhar, Dr. Vipin Kumar Jain, Dr. Umesh Gupa and Dr. Ashwini Sharma.
- Talk delivered on “Career Planning & Parameters of selecting a right institution for higher education” at Lakshmipat Singhania Academy, Bissau, Churu (India) held on December 28, 2016.
- Member, Technical Review Committee, Hindi Vigyan Sammelan organized by University of Rajasthan, Jaipur in association with Vigyan Bharti on December 16-17, 2016.
- Talk delivered at Academia World Edu fair on “Career Opportunities after Engineering” held at Maheshwari Public School, Jawahar Nagar, Jaipur (India) on October 07-08, 2016.
- Elected as Member, Executive Committee, Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT), Jaipur Chapter for Term January 2016-December 2018 on January 17, 2016. (Result published in IAPT Bulletin March 2016 edition).
- Delivered a special lecture on “Somerfield Free Electron Gas Model and Density of States” at Poornima Institute of Engineering and Technology, Jaipur on May 06, 2016.
- Member, Local Organizing Committee, National Conference on Material Science and their Energy Application at S.S. Jain Subodh (Autonomous) P.G. College, Jaipur, India from December 22-24, 2014.
- Member, Technical Review Committee, 3rd International Conference on Growth, Globalization and Governance: Promises and Challenges 2025 and beyond held on December 19-21, 2014.
- Convener, National Conference on Science and Engineering (NCSE)-2014 during July 27-28, 2014.
- Talk delivered at Workshop on “Career Preference Profile for Success in Life” held at Sujangarh (India) on February 01, 2014.
- Invited talk delivered at Career Guidance Seminar held at Sujangarh (India) on February 28, 2013.
- Convener, Career Guidance Seminars at JK Lakshmipat University, Jaipur (Rajasthan) respectively on February 12, 2012, April 15, 2012, and June 10, 2012.
- Chairman, Technical Session-Soft Computing for Operations Management (SCOM), 2nd International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving (SocProS-2012), JK Lakshmipat University, Jaipur, December 28-30, 2012.