Dr. Shishir Chandra Bhaduri is Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering. He did his Masters and Doctorate from Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee ( Formerly University of Roorkee, Roorkee). With over 33 years of teaching, research, Industry and administrative experience, he has held various administrative positions in the capacity of Principal, Chief Innovation Manager, Senior Manager, Head of Department in various industries Quality assurance, application development and product development. Before joining JKLU, Jaipur Dr. Shishir Chandra Bhaduri had been associated with Maharishi Arvind Institute of Engineering and Technology, Jaipur for last three years as Principal. Prior to that, he was associated with Global Technical Campus, Gyan vihar school of Engineering and technology, Grassroot Innovation Augmentation Network ( North ), Mafat lal Industries, Tecumseh India, Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai and Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee ( Formerly University of Roorkee) at various corporate and faculty positions for 30 years.
In his 33 years teaching, administrative and research duration he has published 27 research papers in high repute International journals. He has attended and published 16 papers in International conferences. He also has experience of organizing short term training programs in Finite Element methods in Mechanical engineering. As faculty in various institutions, he guided 24 M.Tech. Projects and three Ph.D. He also developed Laboratories of Air-conditioning, compressor testing, testing of noise, testing of refrigerator and air conditioners etc. He also developed new courses on Finite Element method and Bio Mechanics at Post graduate level.
During this period he also developed many products naming a few expansion device for Refrigerator, development of retrofitted refrigerator with R134a, refrigeration and air conditioning compressor, Entrained flow coal gasifier, Cellulose from Rice husk and Rice straw.
He served as Member, Technology options committee on United Nations Environment program Technology options committee on Refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump, World bank consultant on ODS phase out projects, Board of Management of Poornima Institute of Engineering and Technology, Member, Board of Management, Rajasthan Technical University, Kota, Member, Technical committee , Tire Pyrolysis, Rajasthan Pollution Control Board. He was reviewer of National Science Foundation, USA, Environmental Protection Agency, USA projects. His research experience include Refrigeration and Air-conditioning, Heat transfer, Coal gasifier, bio degradable plastic, Sponge iron using coal gas, Boiler, fluidized bed boilers.
Various sponsored/training/consultancy projects:
1. Training in Pump manufacturing Unit, Jyoti limited, Baroda
2. Designed, Tender and Erection and commissioning of Air conditioning system, Park Hotel, New Delhi from Spectral Consultants Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi
3. Supervision of Air conditioning erection work, Centaur Hotel New Delhi as Mechanical Engineer from Spectral Services Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi
4. Engineering Faculty Development program, Hindustan college of Science and Technolgy, Mathura, Anand Engineering college,Agra .
5. Engineering Faculty Development Program, Gyan Vihar School of Engineering, Jaipur
6. NBA Accreditation of three branches of Gyan Vihar School of Engineering and Technology, Jaipur
7. Engineering Faculty Development Program, Rajdhani Institute of Technology and Management and Rajdhani Engineering college, Jaipur
8. Engineering faculty Development Program, Global Technical Campus, Jaipur
9. Designed and commissioned Multipurpose Pulverized Coal Gasifer using CDM technology and 200 KLD water Circulating plant for – M/s. Mahesh Engg. & Ferro -links Mahaboobnagar District, Hyderabad Andhra Pradesh
10. Worked at Joint workshop on Innovation technology development at IIT, Kanpur in Collabaration with MIT, US.
11. Maintaining the micro venture funds for Idea to enterprise. These ideas are from grassroots innovators of northern India. The work area includes the states of Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Uttaranchal, Himanchal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Jammu and Kashmir, NCT of Delhi and UT of Chandigarh. The work involves product development, Market survey, product launch, identification of entrepreneur financial support and enterprise formation and development.
12. Developed Product engineering Department and developed labs for cabinet testing, Sound testing and Calorimeter labs for refrigerator compressor as well as Heat Pumps. Worked as team member of custom and excise exemption for HFC compressor manufacturing. Developed new low cost compressor and cost optimization of existing compressors.
13. Developed application development laboratories for application development of CFC and HCFC alternatives for Refrigeration, air conditioning, foam and aerosol and also customer support on these issues. Trained customers to use CFC and HCFC alternatives in above sectors.
14. Participated as team member in policy frame work for CFC and HCFC phase out and its alternatives as member of United Nations Environmental program Technology assessment panel for Refrigeration, air conditioning and Heat Pumps
15. Worked out the financial and technical viability for CFC and HCFC alternative manufacturing for CFC , HCFC manufacturing companies.
16. Energy auditing Boiler for Thakersay Group Mumbai as a Consultancy project for IIT Mumbai
17. Helped enterprises to develop Mechanical supporting systems for establishment of CFC and HCFC alternative products.
18. Developed many green field projects e.g. application development department, Mafatlal Industries limited, Chemicals devision
19. Product engineering department and Quality assurance Tecumseh, Ballabhgarh
20. Implemented Information Technology tools e.g. ERP, Product monitoring and quality assurance for Tecumseh, Ballabhgarh Faridabad.
21. Design of cooling system of permanent magnet alternator, M/S Globe Auto (Guj.) Ltd., Bombay
22. Design of modified thermal energy exchange network, M/S Atlas wires Ltd., Bombay
23. Design of pump for lifting and Heat pipe type solar collector (Techno-commercial) , M/S Hindoostan Spg. and Wvg. Mills Ltd., Bombay
24. Design of Lubricating pump, M/S Sayaji Iron and Engineering Co. Ltd., Baroda
25. Design of LPG gas cylinder and filling accessories for , M/S Relliance Industries Ltd., Bombay,
26. Designed an optimized water distribution system for (Techno-commercial), M/S Mafat lal Industries, Dewas
27. Automation of Copper pipe manufacturing unit, Vaishali metals, Jaipur
28. Pumping system design and Alternative energy usage for self sustainance (Techno-commercial), Jaipur Saree Kendra, Jaipur
29. Energy Auditing of spinning mill (Techno –commercial), M/S Hindoostan spg. and wvg. mill, Bombay
30. Indoor Air quality Monitoring, AES Laboratory (P) Ltd. Noida (U.P.)
31. Tube failure analysis and material selection for Fluidized bed boiler of 2 MW plant Cargill, Gandhidham, Gujrat
32. Developed a new Thermo extruder from starch based plastic
33. Consultancy on Pyro water utilization, pollution monitoring, Tire pyrolysis non condensable gas storage, Tire pyrolysis batch reactor safety and tire pyrolysis carbon management
Product developed :
1. Expansion orifice for Refrigerator, 1996
2. Entrained flow Bio mass gasifier, 2009
3. Coal and Biomass gas based Sponge Iron Plant, 2010
4. Developed Bio degradable Plastic 2013
5. Indigenous Extrusion Machine for Bio degradable Plastic 2013
6. Compostable plastic from plant starch and derivatives from plant (Patent Pending) 2014